In our experience, families are often unaware of what needs to be done and the time frame in which things generally occur. We hope that this gives families a guideline that will help you to proceed with the funeral arrangement details.
AFTER A DEATH HAS OCCURRED, William Gayleano Murray and Son Funeral Home SHOULD BE NOTIFIED RIGHT AWAY AT (404)963-5634. WE ARE AVAILABLE 24 HOURS A DAY.
When death occurs at a nursing facility or hospital, the nursing home or hospital will usually notify the funeral home. The funeral home information should be given to the nursing home or hospital our name, address and phone number. The funeral home has to wait for permission from the nursing facility or hospital before the removal of the remains. It is important that you also make contact with us.
When death occurs and a person is taken to the Medical Examiner or G.B.I. Crime Lab, the Medical Examiner or G.B.I. Crime Lab must have a signed release form, granting permission to remove the remains from their facility. It is very important that you call the funeral home.
When death occurs at a residence, dial 911 for a police officer or the medical examiner office to come out to the seen. It is important to know that the funeral home might have to wait for permission from the medical examiner's office before the removal of the remains from the residence. Should a person be a hospice patience call the attending hospice nurse, so that he or she can come to the residence and pronounce the person dead and fill out the proper paper work.
When death occurs out-of-town, please call us. Our staff is experienced in taking care of the intricate details involved.
WHEN PLACING A CALL TO William Gayleano Murray and Son Funeral Home, YOU WILL BE ASKED FOR:
- The full name of the deceased.
- The location of the deceased (Hospital, Nursing Facility or Residence)
- The name, address and phone number of the next-of-kin and callers name.
- Permission for embalming.
- We will establish an appointment time for you to come to the funeral home to complete funeral arrangements.
- You will be asked to bring in certain items.
THESE ITEMS ARE:
- Clothing for the deceased, including undergarments, suit, shirt & tie or dress, and any jewelry.
- The deceased's: Social Security #, Death Date, City & State of Birth. Deceased's parents names, including mother's maiden name.
- Military discharge papers.
- Pre-arrangement paperwork.
- A recent photograph of the deceased.
- Cemetery lot information.
We hope this information will be helpful to you. If you have any special concerns or questions please call us at (404)963-5634.